I have built an Electric Tempest and that flies extremely well. I developed it from the plans and parts I got from the special edition of RCM&E featuring the 63" span Hawker Typhoon by Tony Nijhuis.
I lengthened the fuselage by 2.5" (equal to the full size 21") between the wing leading edge and the back of the cowl, just by adding an extra former. The wing I had to redraw and revise the ribs to fit the redrawn profiles. I did this using my computer and a photo program (Irfanview). Just scanned a typical section and cropped it so that the section touched the edges of the frame then printed each one to the thickness and length as required on the new plan & lateral cross section. I actually did this twice for each rib, treating the part forward of the main spar separately from the aft part. I had to reposition the spars and I also added split flaps.
The attached photos show a quick progression through the build. Span 63" fitted with mechanical retracts and flaps. Weight 11lbs, heavier than intended but seems to fly well in spite of that. The batteries fit neatly in the chin and I am using the Futaba 2.4 ghz system. The motor is a JP C50-20 510 RPM/V Outrunner brushless turning a 16 X 8 APC prop. I am using an 80Amp Castle Creations Speed Controller and a pair of 3SP2 11.1volt lipo. batteries in series. These provide 22.2 volts with a capacity of 4200mA. The motor will draw up to 60 amps in bursts but normally runs at about 25-30amps. Some day I will finish my Ian Bailey Tempest and have quite a stable of these Sydney Camm Creations!
Text and images: